- Polish citizenship, Polish passport - Legal service

Polish citizenship guide

You are here:Working in Poland
Section contents

Working in Poland

In order to be able to work on the Polish territory, each foreigner must generally possess a work permit. The citizens of some European countries are exempt from this requirement (more on this issue see chapter Foreigners exempt from the requirement to obtain a work permit). A work permit is required in the following cases:

  • when the foreigner performs work on the Polish territory under a contract with an entity whose registered office or place of residence or the branch is located on the Polish territory;
  • when the foreigner in connection with the performance of duties on the board of the Polish limited liability company or joint stock company is present on the Polish territory for a period exceeding six months in total over the consecutive 12 months;
  • when the foreigner performs work for a foreign employer and is delegated to Poland for a period exceeding 30 days per calendar year to a branch or a facility of a foreign entity or an entity related under long-term cooperation agreement with the foreign employer...
read more »