- Polish citizenship, Polish passport - Legal service

Polish citizenship guide


The types of work that do not require work permit

Some types of work performed by foreigners do not require to have work permits by such foreigners. The following types of work in particular do not require such permit:

  1. conducting trainings, participation in professional internships, serving an advisory function, supervisory one or the one requiring special skills and qualifications in the projects developed within the framework of the European Union or other international aid programs, including those on the basis of loans incurred by the Polish government;
  2. foreign language teaching under the international agreements to which Poland is a party;
  3. foreign language teaching in kindergartens, schools, educational establishments and in the Voluntary Labour Corps;
  4. teaching foreign languages in teacher training institutions;
  5. the work in international military structures located on the Polish territory;
  6. working as a correspondent of foreign mass media, provided one has the accreditation of the minister of foreign affairs;
  7. rendering artistic services (actors, directors, reciters, conductors, instrumentalists, singers, circus actors, dancers or mimes) lasting no longer than 30 days per calendar year;
  8. giving lectures, papers and presentations of special scientific or artistic value - up to 30 days per calendar year;
  9. occasional representation of the Polish sports club during sporting events;
  10. work of the clergy, members of religious orders and others who perform work in connection with religious function, in churches, religious associations and national interchurch organizations whose status is regulated by international agreement, the provisions of the State’s relationship to the church or other religious association, or which operate on the basis of registration in the registry of churches and other religious associations;
  11. work of students studying in full-time in Poland – undertaken in the following months: July, August and September;
  12. internships for students, to which students are guided by the organizations being the members of the international association of students;
  13. students’ work carried out in the framework of cooperation of public employment services and their foreign partners;
  14. work in cultural institutions of foreign countries on the Polish territory;
  15. the work of people delegated to the Polish territory by a foreign employer, if they retain permanent residence abroad, for a period not exceeding three months in a calendar year, in order to:
    1. carry out assembly work, maintenance or repair of provided technologically complete equipment, structures, machinery or other devices, if the foreign employer is their producer,
    2. collect ordered equipment, machinery, other devices or their parts, produced by the Polish entrepreneur,
    3. train the employees of the Polish employer who is the recipient of devices, structures, machinery or other equipment referred to in point a, concerning its operation or use,
    4. assembly and dismantle the exhibition stands and provide care for them, if the exhibitor is a foreign employer who delegates them for this purpose;
  16. work for the Members of European Parliament in connection with their function;
  17. scientific work in research and development units;
  18. work done by the graduates of the Polish secondary schools, higher schools or full-time studies or full-time doctoral studies at the Polish universities;
  19. apprenticeship for the students of higher schools or vocational schools, pursued on the basis of a referral, in a period not exceeding six months in a calendar year, organized under an agreement between a foreign institution of higher or vocational education and the employer;
  20. apprenticeship for students of higher schools or vocational school students in the Member States of the European Union or Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or the Swiss Confederation, pursued on the basis of referral to such apprenticeship from the institution of higher or vocational education;
  21. work performed in the context of the cultural or educational exchange, a program of humanitarian or development aid, or a summer job program for students, organized in consultation with the minister for labour affairs.