- Polish citizenship, Polish passport - Legal service

Polish citizenship guide


Non-EU citizens

Practically, owning a health policy by a non-EU citizen who intends to study in Poland is required during visa issuing procedures. Issuing a student visa depends on whether a foreigner has a health insurance or medical travel insurance for the period of staying in Poland. (see: Visas).
The requirement of having an insurance policy while applying for a university is a natural consequence of having a visa. Most often, a foreigner (non-EU citizen) takes out an insurance policy in their own country of origin. If such policy expires after entering Poland, a foreigner can take out health insurance in Poland, at a Polish insurance company. A foreigner can also have a health insurance at a national institution called the National Health Fund and take out an insurance policy. More at