Polish diaspora centres
- Chicago - 1.5-1,8 million,
- Detroit - 500.000; almost 1.000.000 Poles live in the state of Michigan,
- New York City Metropolitan Area 700.000; over 1.100.000 Poles live in the state of New York
- Polish districts in some US cities: Chicago - Jackowo (Milwaukee Av), Chicago - Trojcowo, Detroit - Hamtramck, New York (Brooklyn-Greenpoint), Philadelphia - Richmond;
- and: Cleveland, Bufallo, Milwaukee, Columbus, Boston, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Washington, Seattle, Sandusky, Pulaski, Warsaw. (The diasporas were created in 1850-1990.).
Germany: previously: West Germany (especially old emigration and emigration of the 80s)
- Rurh District - 700.000 (Dortmund, Krefeld, Recklinghausen, Düsseldorf);
- Berlin - 180.000;
- Hamburg and its regions - 110.000;
- Brema - 30.000;
- Hanover, Frankfurt, Munich;
Brazil: states - Parana, Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro
- Curitiba in Parana state (emigration of village men); according to the statistics there are about 700 000 Poles in the state of Parana;
- Santa Catarina - about. 280 000;
- Rio Grande do Sul - 300 000.
Ukraine: Lviv, Kiev, Zhytomyr oblast and Khmelnytskyi oblast
France: Paris - over 300.000 (the great emigration and solidarity emigration) and north-western regions (work emigration)
Belarus: Grodno (40% of citizens), Brest, Minsk and Vitebsk oblasts
Canada: Toronto - 220.000 (especially Roncesvalles Avenue and its regions and Brampton and Mississauga), Winnipeg - 55.000, Montreal - 40.000, Vancouver - 60.000, Edmonton - 55.000, Calgary - 40.000).
Russia: Moscow, Petersburg (old diaspora) and Siberia (Poles who were forced to leave their country).
Lithuania: Vilnius - 104 446; regions - Vilnius, Soleczniki, Troki, Swieciany, Szyrwinty, Orany, Kaunas, Ignalino, Moletai (according to statistics of P. Eberhardt, 2001).
Argentina: Buenos Aires - 140.000, Cordoba, Rosario, Santa Fe.
Australia: Sydney - 50.000, Melbourne - 50.000, Adelaide.
Great Britain: 100.000 - 800.000 (seasonally); London, Ealing, Manchester, Birmingham.
Ireland: around 250.000 (seasonally); Dublin, Cork
Kazakhstan: Kokshetau, Astana, Alma-Ata, Karaganda.
Sweden: Stockholm - 30.000, Malmö, Göteborg.
Czech Republic: Cieszyn Silesia - 70.000 .
Latvia: Daugavpils, Liepaja, Riga, Kraslava, Rezekne, Jelgava.
Belgium: Antwerp, regions of Liege and Limburg in Brussels and Charleroi - about 20 000 of Poles in each.
Austria: Vienna - 30.000, Graz, Linz, Löben.
Greece: Athens - 30.000.
Italy: Rome, Catania and Palermo (Sicily), Bologna, Venice, Padua, Milan, Marche (Ancona).
Republic of South Africa: Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Holland: Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Haga, Utrecht and regions of Limburg and the Duchy of Brabant
Denmark: Copenhagen and Nykobing.
Hungary: Budapest, Tatabanya, Komarom, Derenk.
Switzerland: Zurich, Winterthur, St. Gallen, Geneva, Lausanne.
Romania: Bukovina and Bucharest.
Uruguay: Montevideo, Punta del Este.
New Zealand: Wellington 1.200 people, Auckland.
Norway: Oslo, Moss, Halden, Spitsbergen.